Healthy cultures attract and keep healthy people. – Andy Stanley
The number one force that shapes your culture is your values. – Craig Groeschel
With the words of Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel in mind, I will foster a healthy staff culture at theMOVEMENT by prioritizing four Staff Values:
- Connect to Christ – Your Intimacy with Christ > Your Ministry to Others
- Check Your Character – Condition of Your Heart > Work of Your Hands
- Cheat the Church – Respect from Your Family > Love from the Church
- Cut the Crap – Your Results > Your Excuses
Why “Check Your Character?”
But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.” - Matthew 15:18-20
How “Check Your Character?”
We will continually check our character by protecting ourselves against the following four “enemies of the heart”:
- Guilt characterized by the feeling, “I owe you.”
- Overcome by developing the habit of CONFESSION.
- Anger characterized by the feeling, “You owe me.”
- Overcome by developing the habit of FORGIVENESS.
- Greed characterized by the feeling, “I owe me.”
- Overcome by developing the habit of GENEROSITY.
- Jealousy characterized by the feeling, “God owes me.”
- Overcome by developing the habit of CELEBRATION.
Recommended Reading: Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley
Question to Consider: Which enemy of the heart do you need to guard yourself against?